Thursday, July 11, 2013

Confessions of a gemini

One of the things I've learned in life so far is that when you have too much knowledge in something it's almost impossible to not practice it.

When you really understand how people communicate how they emphasize and how they give and receive information its hard to realize when you're actually manipulating the situation. For instance it depends on who I'm talking to but I will say the same sentence differently in order for them to receive the part of the information that they will be able to grasp the easiest. If someone asked me if me and Boo were close but it was someone that I wanted to know that I knew her very well I would say "yes of course she's my roommate we're together all the time!" if I wanted the person to know that we weren't getting along or if they didn't like her I might say something like "she lives with me but we don't really talk or hang out very much"

Its not lying its not even stretching the truth. Its just communicating with different people in ways to get them to understand what you want them to know.

This is very important to understand when you're communicating with people. If you are being attacked by someone verbally you will be become defensive. If you're talking to someone that you feel comfortable with your going to be more open about how you truly feel inside. For example if someone said I was lazy I would probably retort with something like "all I do everyday is clean take care of baby and work my butt off" but if a different person said maybe you should get something done today I might say "I'm taking this day to relax I feel like I work too hard normally and I need a break." It's pretty much the same sentence only comes off really negative in one way because you're pushed into a corner.

Remember this when we are the one talking to people because their perception is everything when it comes to what you're saying. Yours means nothing. People don't want to see it from your perspective automatically so you have to ask them without asking them to hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment